I always get asked to bake these cookies for get togethers. Finally, I’ve broken down. Here ya go…share it with the world.
Farmhouse Kitchen Sink Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter @ room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2⁄3 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
2 tbs corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1⁄3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup bitter-sweet chocolate (chips or chopped)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
½ cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup coarsely chopped graham crackers
1⁄2 cup old-fashioned quick oats
2 1/2 tsp used coffee grounds
1 cup rippled potato chips
1 cup pretzel sticks
1 cup corn flakes
½ cup coarsely chopped unsalted pecans
1. Combine butter and sugars in mixing bowl and cream together. Add egg and vanilla, and beat for 10 minutes.
2. On low speed add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix only one minute.
3. Add chocolate, butterscotch chips, grahams, pecans, oats, and coffee and mix 20 seconds. Add corn flakes and pretzels and chips however LIGHTLY MIX WITH HANDS so you don’t crush these nummy parts.
4. Form 2 inch balls with ice cream scoop and slightly flatten with bottom of a drinking glass dipped in water. Then add a few chips and pretzels atop of each cookie and gently press into top of dough. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. THIS STEP IS CRUCIAL. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
5. Heat the oven to 350°.
6. On a parchment lined cookie sheet, place dough discs 3 inches apart and bake for approximately 17 minutes. Cookie should have a darker edge and lighter center so the cookie with have both crunch and chew!
7. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheets.